Here to bore you with another one of my tales

Friday, June 23, 2006

Markers

Yup, very useful when it comes to three-point turns.

First was the pile of rocks. Instructor will be screaming: “Go go go! Don’t stop until your shoulders are parallel with the rocks!” And on the day of the driving tests? The JPJ testers coolly kicked loose the pyramid, much to the chagrin of both instructors and students alike.

Next was the brainchild of my own instructor – to plant a tree! It was more of a small leafy thing that eventually wilted because no one cared to water it.

Then another instructor came along with another greenery. That was last week. This one seemed to have more chance of survival because it was pretty lush looking.

Today I turned into the small alley for a shot at three-point turning. I had just straightened out my car when I looked right, and lo and behold! I had no marker as a reference!!!

Upon consulting my instructor (because thank God that wasn’t an exam), I was told that the JPJ had kindly uprooted the poor plant during the last testing.

Me: *Panicky voice* “So what do I look out for now?”
Instructor: “OK, see this roadside curb? Use the 2nd black one from the front.”
Me: *Heaves sigh of relief and thinks: at least the JPJ can’t destroy that one*

Again, this proves that Malaysian education is useless. We study by memorizing things, or carry out actions by following markers. What if I’m on the road? Do I take time to count the curb’s colorings? Or look out for scratches upon the road for my side parking? Education in Malaysia is useless I tell you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home